So you may have heard the buzz about social media and that your business should be taking advantage of social media marketing. Do you know WHY? Well, during my presentation this morning I discussed a few bullet points about why exactly it is important for your business to be active in social media.
I’d like to share these bullet points with my followers:
- If you are a small business, branding is important. By branding, you create a recognizable identity for your product or service through social media.
- Social media helps manage your online reputation. You can keep an eye on what other people and sites are saying about your name, company or brand. This gives you an opportunity to fix any problems if need be.
- You become an expert by having a presence online! By answering questions professionally, honestly, and correctly will earn you respect as an expert in your niche.
- Word of mouth referrals. People trust their friends and loved ones more than anyone else. If they hear from someone trustworthy about your products, chances are higher they’ll buy. Market your product by using word of mouth virtually through social media.
- Social media gives you the wonderful opportunity of building relationships and becoming more personal. Through various social media platforms, when you build relationships with customers and potential customers, trust will be built upon honesty and sincerity.
- You have the opportunity to open lines of communication with millions of potential customers which you could not have this opportunity in the offline world. This ends up creating huge potential to get your name out there.
- Social media allows your company to be much more accessible. An accessible company means a more trustworthy company.
- You have the ability to Find out exactly what your customers want – Do you wonder what your customers want? Ask them on social media and they’ll tell you.
Bottom line – marketing is about getting the word out, engaging in conversations, taking suggestions, problem solving, educating your audience, and promoting your company, product, or service. One of the best ways for small businesses to create buzz is through social media.
Social media marketing shouldn’t cost a small business nearly as much as traditional advertising. And, if you do it yourself, it might not cost a dime. However, it will cost you time.
Would you like a free social media consultation for your business? Please call us, (760) 612-2206 or email us at YourCommunityPathway@gmail.com.