Last week I presented at my BNI meeting about social media services I offer. I thought it might be a good idea to share my presentation on my blog. Check it out:
My presentation started with a little fill in the blank to tell a little more about social media and the sort of impact it has on consumers worldwide along with business owners.
- 1 in every 13 people on Earth is on Facebook. If you think about the huge amount of people all over the world that don’t even have a computer, that means the amount of individuals that do have access to a computer are most likely going to have a Facebook account.
- Business blogs provide your small business with a chance to share your expertise and knowledge with a larger audience. This gives you an opportunity to immediately notify customers about new products, changes to products and so forth.
- 71.2% of all USA internet users are on Facebook
- There are 450,000 new Twitter accounts created everyday! This is a huge clue your business needs to partake in Twitter as well!
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the 5th largest country based on users.
- 95 percent of users are more likely to purchase from a brand they follow on Twitter or Facebook. This fact is very important for business owners. Many consumers look to social media platforms to help in their buying decisions. Take advantage of this!
- Facebook is the most trafficked website in the world. Even over GOOGLE. Just another fact that proves it is important for your business to have a presence on Facebook! This doesn’t mean just creating a FB page, making a couple posts then never touching it again!!
I come across a lot of questions my clients and potential clients ask me about the benefits of social media for their business – and lets admit it, SM is definitely new and requires a bit of a learning curve, some more than others. I’d like to share some reasons why the various services I offer can truly benefit your business and boost sales.
Facebook and Twitter – Free Advertising!!! Whether I make updates for you or you do it yourself, GET YOUR BUSINESS VISIBLE ON FACEBOOK!
You can use Facebook and Twitter to interact with your customers and attract new ones! These types of social media platforms encourage direct customer engagement and two-way communication which is one of the biggest benefits of social media marketing versus traditional media that smart marketers are taking advantage of.
Blogging – Think of it as a personal magazine for your business that is linked to your website – it is full of useful articles for consumers pertinent to your industry! You either write these articles or I can do it for you but these are articles that provide free information to your consumer base. These get indexed regularly by search engines like Google. So, the more text and images you post to your blog, the more like it will appear in a search engine. If you are in an industry which changes a lot, for example real estate with new laws and programs being issued for home buyers, you can provide up to the minute information to consumers.
Blogging is a great way to be known as that “go to” person in your industry that is able to provide a wealth of knowledge that others in your industry may not be able to provide. So this does gives you an advantage over your competition!
Email Newsletters – Email subscribers can be ambassadors for your brand, helping you gain new social followers and fans, spreading your content far beyond your existing audience.
For example, Steve with Surface Pro, you send out an email newsletter and one of your recipients, whom you’ve just done a tile a grout service for, receives the email and sees you also provide a service for granite sealant. They may just have tile but their sister in law may have granite in their house and she forwards the email over to her.
You can also integrate social media buttons (such as Facebook and Twitter) into your email marketing to grow your audience and share your company’s content. – Say you have a carpet cleaning special, clean two rooms get the third free that you mention in your newsletter and someone shares it on Facebook. One of their friends on FB sees this that’s never heard of your company, calls you to get a quote and you end up coming to clean their carpets.
All this sounds great ….but….too time consuming you say? A lot of business owners will look at social media marketing as a great solution to promoting their business and may think “what a piece of cake, I can do this on my own”. And don’t be fooled, you CAN do it on your own—this is not rocket science! However, the main issue is what everyone is looking for more of….TIME!
You may start out gung ho posting a new blog entry every other day or posting to your Facebook every day the first week. If you can continue to stay consistent then great! However, most of the time other more pressing issues arise and we are forced to deal with items pertinent to making our business run smoothly.
That is why I have created Community Pathway…I take the day to day actions out of your hands and continue to promote your business via social media so you never have to worry about it, but you can rest assured knowing that it is getting done!
Wouldn’t you want your business to take part of such a massive media marketing platform? The facts above make it difficult to say “no” to taking advantage of social media marketing.