We came across a few helpful and simple tips for Social Media. While some are obvious, others are great to know and start putting into practice.
- Get excited about social media and learn how to use it as a business tool.
- Try not to use marketing ideas that have already been used – get creative and try something new.
- If you want to get online recognition you should blog regularly. This is an important way to get your message across and it also increases search engine optimization.
- Along with using Facebook to promote your business, take advantage of Twitter as well. It can do a lot for your business and using Facebook alongside Twitter will complement each other.
- Make sure to create competition with your social media fan base and give away prizes, coupons and discounts by encouraging people to join your social networks.
- Generate interest in your brand by becoming a source of information for your followers. Provide helpful tips that are relevant to your industry.
- Setting up a Facebook then ignoring it for months can do more harm than good. Make sure you engage with your followers, making posts often and replying to comments on your social media outlets.
- While social media is a great way to inform your followers of company news, sometimes your customers might share some of their not so pleasant experiences that have to do with your company. Make sure to respond in a positive manner and remember, the customer is always right!