If you are looking for a cost-effective and easy to use marketing tool, email marketing is the way to go. It utilizes email to send a message to an audience for an extensive variety of purposes, whether to inform your audience of a new webinar, encourage customer loyalty or introduce new products and services.
Although email marketing has been implemented by many larger corporations, many small businesses are now starting to take advantage of email marketing campaigns. There are a few tips to take in to consideration before starting your email marketing plan.
– You will first want to build your list of clients that would like to receive your newsletter or email campaign. Some suggestions to start gathering email addresses are to set up an option on your website for people to sign up for your newsletter or, should you have a actual shop, you can have a email sign up form at the register.
– Make sure you emails are not perceived as spam. A good suggestion is to have an “unsubscribe” button or link at the bottom or top of your email, giving your recipients the option to opt out of the email. If you collected your emails by following the step above, all of your email contacts should have already voluntarily opted in.
– You want to have a clear, concise message to your recipients; content is king. Emails with quality content raise the chances that the recipient will read the email. Creating bullet points or numbered lists within your email make it more likely it will be read instead of being deleted.
– With most email marketing services, you can send a test email to yourself first before blasting it out to your recipients. This is incredibly helpful to see if there are any necessary changes that need to be made and ensure it looks professional and readable.
– Add social media buttons to your email in order to increase the visibility of your content. This allows your audience to spread your message through various social media platforms allowing your marketing campaign to spread naturally.