Twitter was launched in July 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams. In the five years since it went live, Twitter has grown to be the 9th most viewed website on the internet.
– There are 200 million Twitter users, 100 million of those users are active and joined in 2010.
– There are 350 million tweets per day.
– 40% of Twitter users don’t tweet every month, but watch what is tweeted by others.
– The current Twitter company record is 8,900 tweets per second.
– Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and Brittany Spears all have more followers than the entire combined populations of Sweden, Israel, Greece, Chile, North Korea, and Australia.
– 5% of Twitter users account for 75% of all Twitter activity.
– 37% of active users tweet from their phone.
Has Twitter become a vital tool for your business yet? There is proof in the pudding as to why you need to implement this easy to use too to help keep your social community up to date on every little occurrence that is happening with your company.